New Year, New Goals
It’s that time of year again. Let’s get started setting 2023 goals. It’s all about setting realistic goals and being intentional. Let’s start by grabbing a paper and a pen.
First, ask yourself a couple of questions.
Be sure to write these down.
- How do you feel about your life right now?
- If you could change something, what would it be?
- Where do you want to be this time next year?
- Who do you want to be?
- What bad habits do you want to kick?
Write down everything that comes to your mind when you think of your goals for this year.
We tend to focus on the negative, becoming quickly overwhelmed. Setting goals is about growing as a person. It’s not about pointing out all of our flaws and dwelling on that. View this as a time to reflect on your life. It should be fun!
Now take that paper and craft your goals.
Here are some tips to set intentional goals this year.
- Be realistic. Don’t set yourself up for failure.
- Keep your list focused on those things that will make the biggest difference in your life.
- Recap last year. This is something we often forget but it’s one of the most important steps. What worked this past year? What didn’t? Is there something that you constantly struggled with? Something that weighs you down throughout the year?
- Be positive! It can be a daunting task doing self-reflection and assessing changes needed. But you are amazing! Think of this rather as a chance to grow and improve- always good!
- Set measurable goals. You need to be able to set mini monthly goals to get to where you want to be.
Now that you have your goals, write them down and stick them somewhere you see daily. Take time to check in on your goals monthly and plan for the upcoming month. Each month you should be doing something to work towards that goal.
Hint: Setting a reminder in your phone or creating a calendar event to review your goals is super helpful!
What about family goals?
These are just as important as your goals. Get the family together and talk about your goals.
- What is working and what isn’t? Do you want less screen time? More home cooked meals? Follow the steps above to create goals for your family.
Good luck with your goals. Let’s make 2023 the year of amazing change and growth!